Click here to access the membership registration form
Membership of SOSAN shall be open to:-
- All teachers of Social Studies in all institutions and levels of education in the country.
- All bodies, institutions and organizations involved in teaching and learning; and are so recognized and approved by the Nigerian government.
- All interested person/persons in allied disciplines.
- All students of Social Studies in institutions of learning in the country.
Method of Application for Membership
- Application for membership shall be in writing and/or on completion of appropriate forms of application and returning same to the national or state branch secretariat of SOSAN.
- All application shall be accompanied by a membership registration fee of one thousand five hundred Naira (N1500)
- All registered members of SOSAN shall pay annual dues of one thousand Naira (N1000) per member.
- An institution or body wishing to be a member shall pay a registration fee of five thousand Naira (N5000).
- Registered institutions and bodies shall renew their membership every two years with the sum of two thousand Naira (N2000).
- Students of institutions of learning shall pay a registration fee of five hundred Naira (N500).
- They shall however pay their annual dues of three hundred Naira (N300) every year.
- The term "student" here does not include post graduate students in institutions of higher learning.
- All membership fees and dues are to be reviewed by the annual general meeting every three years.