2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF SOCIAL STUDIES ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
Holding at University of Ilorin , Ilorin. Kwara State.
TUESDAY 15 AUGUST TO THURSDAY 18 AUGUST, 2017
CONFERENCE THEME: SOCIO-CIVIC STUDIES: TACKLING CORRUPTION AND MATERIALISM IN AFRICA
- The nature and potency of Social Studies and Civic Education in dealing with corruption and materialism
- New classroom approaches in Social Studies and Civic Education for tackling corruption and materialism
- Non-formal and informal approaches of Social Studies and Civic Education in dealing with corruption and materialism
- Social Studies and other agencies of socialization collaborating in dealing with corruption and materialism
- Corruption in the educational system and way out
- Corruption in the political, legal and administrative systems and way out
- Corruption in the business and economic circles and way out
- Materialism and corruption in religious circles
- Ethical issues in materialism
- Confronting corruption and materialism with social media
- Law enforcement agencies and reformation services in tackling corruption
- Social policies in dealing with corruption and materialism
Type: Open Access
I use this medium to inform you that SOSAN Journals, an international, peer-reviewed, open access online journal publishing original research, reviews, editorials and commentaries on all aspects of Social Studies, Civic Education and Social Research, hereby call for manuscripts and papers.
The Social Studies Educationists Association of Nigeria (SOSAN) is an educational professional body organized by and for all persons who believe in the principles of social education. It is an organization of learners, teachers, educators, curriculum developers, writers and qualified educational practitioners in the field of social education and or accepted related disciplines. It is a professional body which consists of professionally qualified teachers who have their origins largely from the social sciences and humanities. SOSAN is not a trade union but purely concerned with improving and strengthening the teaching and learning of social studies throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
To foster social education generally for the enhancement of the acquisition of necessary political, social and cultural knowledge, attitudes and skills for effective and responsible democratic citizenship.
The mission of SOSAN is to provide leadership service, and support for all social studies educators. The association devoted to supporting social studies education. SOSAN standards ensure that an integrated social science, behavioural science, and humanities approach for achieving academic and civic competence is available to guide social studies decision makers in schools. SOSAN serves as an umbrella organization for primary, secondary, college teachers and university teachers of the social studies in the interest of educating new generations of informed, responsible citizens. The central mission of SOSAN is to improve the integrated teaching of the social studies at all levels of education, from elementary school to college and graduate school.
|2017 International Conference Announcement
|New Date and Venue of 2016 Conference||02-04-2016|
|2015 Conference Communique||26-11-2015|
|2015 Annual National Conference Photo Gallery||26-11-2015|
|31st ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF SOCIAL STUDIES ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (SOSAN)
|2014 National Conference Photo Gallery||13-03-2015|
|Nigeria's Centenary Celebration: SOSAN Call for Papers||07-04-2014|
|SOSAN's 2014 National Conference
| 2013 Conference Photo Gallery
|SOSAN's 2013 Conference Keynote Address||25-11-2013|
|SOSAN's 2013 National Conference||22-07-2013|
|SOSAN holds 28th National Conference||12-07-2012|